*Everyone, please welcome my guest for today, Author Lizzy Stevens!*
How to promote your book for FREE
Thanks for having me today. Today I’m going to blog about all the free stuff you can do to promote your books. I hope that at least one of these ideas helps somebody out.
1. Set up a website. You can do this completely free at http://www.webs.com or http://www.weebly.com and if you want it to be a true dot com you can go to http://www.godaddy.com or http://www.names.com and I’m sure there are others and pay for your domain name for the year. It will cost less than $12 and then you can go back to the free site and use your own domain. You have no fees at all and you have a new website.
Set up a facebook page and friend everyone and tell everyone about your page. Use your page to promote your book. Don’t just open the page but actually go there and post on it daily.
Follow people and ask them to follow you. Tweet and retweet other people’s tweets. Join in on the fun.
Same thing here. Friend people and ask them to friend you.
5. http://www.manicreaders.com has free pages
6. http://www.linkedin.com another social networking site.
8. Join yahoo groups. Be sure to follow their posting rules.
9. http://www.goodreads.com is another really good place to promote you book.
10. Get reviews for your book. The more reviews and good ratings the better. You can take that review and then tell all the above places. Out of every good review you get several promo opps out of it.
This list should get you started but the ideas are endless in marketing. I hope at least one of these things helped somebody out.
My new book is:
Edward Teach, better known as the pirate Blackbeard, was killed November 22, 1718. Two months before, he purposely ran his ship, Queen Anne’s Revenge, aground at what is now called Beaufort Inlet.
He emptied the ship of all treasures into his other ship, The Tender, and fled to where nobody knows. Two months later, when he reappeared, he was killed in battle, and his body was tossed into the ocean. To this day, nobody knows where the treasure went.
For years, people have searched high and low for his treasure. It has been said that Blackbeard said nobody but he and the devil knew where it was located.
Cassie Andrews returns to Branson Missouri to clean out her grandfather’s house, who recently passed away. While emptying the attic she comes across an old diary belonging to a woman who claims to have been married to Edward Teach. Cassie soon realizes that she holds the key to the famous Blackbeard’s Treasure.
Cassie turns to her friend Levi for help in finding the treasure. “In her zeal to uncover the clues to Blackbeard’s Treasure Cassie lands herself in the hospital.
Attraction explodes off the page as Levi nurses Cassie back to health and together they experience the adventure of a lifetime to uncover their true feelings for one another and Blackbeard’s Treasure.