Hey, everyone! I’m pleased to host author and t.v. host, Jim Baugh!
- What’s the title of your latest release? Link?
AFTERMATH, it is the sequel to my first novel HOOKED
- Why do you like writing in this genre?
Writing autobiographical content is certainly something I can relate to. (laughs) Producing Jim Baugh Outdoors TV for over 25 years now I certainly have had a lot of hilarious stories to tell. All total it is a four book project not including the screenplay.
- What do you like to read?
I like non-fiction, autobiographies. I read a lot about musicians and enjoy that a lot. Although I wrote one very out there Sci Fi short called Roxswell, I do not enjoy sci fi fiction as far as reading goes, but love the movies! (laughs)
- Favorite movie?
Jaws. It was a great film and the story behind how it was made was even greater. If you think back, when people went to see Jaws folks would run screaming out of the theatres. Pop corn flying everywhere, the audience was just blown away by the film. I have never been to a movie that ever had that impact on an audience, actually I have never even heard of one, except maybe the Exorcist. So, although the film now is just something you would see edited for late night, but when it came out, there simply had not been anything like it since as far as the reaction from the audience. I do like a lot of films, but like anything else, 95% sucks, the other 5% pure genius.
- What are your writing habits? Music or silence? Daily regimen or spurts of creativity?
I actually write books much the same way I write music, mostly in my head before I ever sit down to type. Writing to me is very similar to composing music, and go about the projects (music & Books) using basically the same methods in regards to timing, pacing, etc.
- What was the most surreal moment you’ve had as a author?
Well, in my case writing autobiographical content can be very strange. You’re putting stuff out there than can be very difficult to write about. It is a bit odd that someone I don’t know will talk to me and ask questions about my personal life, because I wrote about it in the book. It is a strange feeling, however I did not have any choice. If I was going to tell the story of HOOKED and AFTERMATH, I would have to spill everything, and that was extremely difficult to do. So in a way, the entire experience is rather surreal. The underling message in both books is the power of faith, and how to recognize it, and live by it regardless of the circumstances. Both books do a good job of getting that message out there, especially in AFTERMATH. That was an incredible experience because I actually was living and writing the memoir, right up until I got married. Life, and the book was an everyday event. It was in a way very strange, but I believed that was the path the good Lord wanted me on, so I did it. As bizarre as some of the content is in the book, the story has some of the most hilarious things you will ever read. AFTERMATH has a lot of valuable life lessons in the story, but at the same time is just one of the funniest things on paper.
- How can readers find you?
All our books are on Amazon, just do a search on name and title and it will come right up. Our main web site that links to everything, tv shows, books, blogs, etc is jimbaugh.wordpress.com
- What do you know now about being published that you wish you’d known before submitting?
- Favorite snack/drink while writing?
HA!! That’s funny you should ask, again my answer is……nothing!
Yeah, I am dropping a few pounds. It is working good. But I have never been a snacker anyway, just never have. But I do drink a LOT of coffee.
- Look at your writing area…what’s the item you keep to inspire you (piece of artwork, figurine)?
Again, nothing. (Laughs).
You see, everything I do, my writing, music, the television show, everything, is inspired and directed by the big eye in the sky. I look to the good Lord for my guidance, and that is where I put my trust and faith.
If anything, the one thing that I do a lot of that helps me in everything I do, is always be around music. Mostly Jazz. I play it, perform it, write it, and it is always in my head. One writing trick that I will do (and I do this before editing our show) is that I will get my mind in “The Zone” by practicing some piano. Experimenting with some new composition always get the creative side VERY active.
Thanks for stopping by, Jim!