It’s been a wild week. Just saying that now. And it’s why I’m so late putting up the blog for the week.
Today, I’m pleased to welcome a good friend, mentor, and author. Please give a great huzzah to Cynthia J. Ley!
1. What’s the title of your latest release? Link?
“Perfect and Other Stories.” It’s my first book, and is published by Solstice Publishing. It is in e-format only, and is available through Amazon (for Kindle). My second collection of short stories,“Tales Of A Twisted World” was recently contracted by Solstice, and is due out sometime this fall.
2. Why do you like writing in this genre?
I don’t know as to whether I write in a particular genre.It’s just what falls out of my head. Slightly warped and twisted? I like to write things which are slightly off-kilter, a little edgy, but still insightful and sometimes even funny.
3. What do you like to read?
Everything. Intriguing fiction, history, folklore, science. To start.
4. Favorite movie?
Don’t have one. Like different movies for different reasons. Same for movies I dislike.
5. What are your writing habits? Music or silence? Daily regimen or spurts of creativity?
Both. Spurts, usually.
6. What was the most surreal moment you’ve had as an author?
Getting so immersed in the story it’s hard to come out. Kind of like some dreams that way—the dream within a dream where both are real. THEN you wake up!
7. How can readers find you?
Readers are invited to follow my blog:
Write me at email@example.com
Or drop a Tweet: @CynthiaLey2
8. What do you know now about being published that you wish you’d known before submitting?
I came into it knowing that I was but an egg about the whole thing, and am blessed with wonderful and supportive friends in the business. There’s definitely a learning curve. Ask tons of questions and be receptive to the answers!
9. Favorite snack/drink while writing?
Coffee, tea, cat hair. Seriously. My Bengal likes to get between my face and the keyboard when I’m reading aloud.
10. Look at your writing area…what’s the item you keep to inspire you (piece of artwork, figurine)?
I don’t know about something tangible inspiring me, but I do have a beautiful view of my thick green side garden (frequently covered with birds) and the sky from there. Very refreshing and interesting, often full of birdsong. My dogs like to sleep under my very large desk and hold feet with me.
Best of luck with the books, Cynthia!