Everyone give David Mannes a warm welcome today!
1. What’s the title of your latest release? Link?
Scarlet Justice http://www.amazon.com/Scarlet-Justice-David-M-Mannes/dp/1625263090/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1453141797&sr=8-1&keywords=david+m+mannes andhttp://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/scarlet-justice-david-m-mannes/1123033781?ean=9781625263094
2. Why do you like writing in this genre?
I write in many genres. It depends on the idea for the story. But this latest western novel was a transposed from an unsold movie script. I have the sequel, Scarlet Vengeance all ready written and working on a third in the series. I like the characters. My other novel, The Reptilian Encounter, an action-adventure sci-fi is also the first in a series and I have the first draft of its sequel, The Tunguska Encounter completed.
3. What do you like to read?
Espionage, action-adventure, western, historical fiction…I’m a bookaholic. Depends what strikes my fancy or interest at the time.
4. Favorite movies?
The Graduate, Sons of Katie Elder, From Russian With Love, On Her Majesty’s Secret Service.
5. What are your writing habits? Music or silence? Daily regimen or spurts of creativity?
I often play music to suit the type of writing I’m doing. I tend to listen to a lot of movie theme music and 60’s rock and folk-rock.
I try and write every afternoon, but sometimes life and my day job interfere. I have been known to write up to 70 pages at one sitting and as little as a half a page. Depends
6. What was the most surreal moment you’ve had as a author?
Hasn’t happened yet.
7. How can readers find you?
I’m on Facebook, Twitter, Amazon and my own webpage on email@example.com
8. What do you know now about being published that you wish you’d known before submitting?
Ensure you’ve done as good a job as you can editing it.
9. Favorite snack/drink while writing?
Usually water, sometimes green tea.
10. Look at your writing area…what’s the item you keep to inspire you (piece of artwork, figurine)?
I have a dreamcatcher that a good friend of mine gave me, but mostly it’s the entire atmosphere of my basement office (nicknamed The Batcave).
Thanks for stopping by, David!